Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sunday Routine


Call me crazy, but I love dreary Sundays.  It gives me a great excuse to curl up on the couch and today I'm able to catch up on "Suits" before the new season starts (all episodes from the first two seasons are on OnDemand!).  On Sundays I like to take time to go through all the design blogs I enjoy reading.  Because of my schedule, I don't have a lot of time in the evenings after work before I have to go to bed and do it all over again the next day (but it also means three day weekends, so it's cool).  This means that I don't get to check on most of them during the week.  I like that come Sunday I have a whole lotta good material to go through and pictures to drool over.  The particular site that I was checking out above is Kristen F. Davis and hers is one of my favorites.  She is an incredibly talented painter and also does amazing stencil work.  She makes her own, but unbelievably she free hands a lot of the designs she paints.  In terms of her own home, I really love her bedroom in particular, with its crsip, white bedding and beautiful pale turquoise walls.  

Photobucket 

One of her most recent posts is actually about her bedroom transformation over the years.  I also love that she's not afraid of using dark paint colors.  She's done commercial spaces, too, so it's neat to see what she does in office and retail spaces compared to residential.


Update: 
I wanted to give you a glimpse at the amazing talent you'll find on Kristen's blog.  I guarantee it's worth exploring her site to see all the pictures.

Here's a chinoiserie mural she did on a nursery wall.  I love that it doesn't pop out and distract from the rest of the room, but instead provides the perfect backdrop.  

Photobucket

The design on the walls on the next two is one of my favorites.  She's done it for several clients in different colors.  It's simple but makes a big impact.  

Photobucket 

Photobucket



Did I  mention she's an incredible painter?  You can even commission her to do an original for your own space.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment